So I generated a little controversy. Meow. The island is pissed!

Well, here's what I have to say in response to Michelle's comment:

Part of building prosperity is stewarding relationships. By maintaining those ties individuals will then have a high likelihood of contributing back to the community.

And, the island needs some prosperity to help reinvigorate itself. We cannot forget that PEI and Ontario are Canada's only two provinces currently running a deficit.

In terms of home town support, it is a two way street. And, that is what I wish to address, if I'm not getting support from PEI, then why should my loyalties be so unwavering that I continue my support of the Island? Relationships don't work that way.

In NY I was selling PEI to editors from Elle Girl, Vogue, Flare, etc etc and then it dawned on me... they don't support their expats, so why ought I support them?

Now who are some notable expats? I was initially inspired by Curtis Barlow who was the CEO of Confed Centre, a very influencial man. He graduated from TOSH, just like me! He's presence and the publicity of his work assisted me to understand that there is a world far bigger than what I knew. A world, that would not be limited to me because I was born on PEI.
Where is he now? We don't know, he left the Confed Centre and now he's dead to the Island.

I believe it is important to create positive role models.
It is important to feature a "where are they now" feature in the paper. If only to give young Islanders a reflective surface that they can be proud of.

I use myself as an example, because, I work everyday to be an individual young Island women can look up to and I understand how dear it was to me when I found a role model.

Curtis Barlow's precedence assisted me to get into fundraising and marketing in not for profits. My own desire to be infront of a camera may have taken me to some interesting places, but, it is all apart of a plan to be an advocate for music and art in Canada.