Do you want to know what burns me? Yes, you're right, a lot of things get my knickers into various knot! But, what do I think is more appauling?

My hometown paper in Summerside, only seems to be interested in reporting about Locals that have done good, if that means the individual did well in sports, or maybe a showcase at the ECMA's.

I'm here to shout as loudly as I can "THERE ARE TONS OF US MAKING THE SCENE FROM PEI AND THE JOURNAL DOESN'T CARE!"

I could name a number of them right now, all in the arts, all doing something magnificent. A few are important lawyers heading up international law firms, battling international cases even! But, does the Journal Pioneer care about little more than their sports stars? Today they do! Today, they care about a gas station closing in Hunter River.

Recently walking away as the new face of KMS California haircare, I was shocked that I heard from so many media outlets but the one on PEI. And, I did send them a press release before leaving for NY.

This is a strong reason why so many of us leave PEI, why there's so little celebrity buzz, and why I may just stop saying I'm "Just a smalltown girl from PEI".

If PEI doesn't care, then, I don't care.