Here we go, my former competitor at Miss Universe Canada 2004, Brooke Johnston has snatched the title of "Lettuce Girl" as the official spokesmodel for PETA. Former spokesmodels have included Pamela Anderson and Puerto Rico beauty, Roselyn Sanchez.

I can tell you it was a pleasant shock to see Brooke dawning her lettuce leaves with pride in a skimpy ad for PETA. Shock because she was wearing little more than lettuce leaves. Pleasant because she is working hard for something she believes in.

I wrote her an email to see what's up, and what her thoughts on using sex to promote a cause. Just waiting on the response!

Here's a photo from MUC 2004 where I got to know both Brooke and Natalie (now Miss Universe), I'm not in this shot, but, thems the breaks sometimes. I do have images to prove I was there!

This just goes to prove that you should never deny yourself the opportunity to experience new things or make new acquaintances. It's kind of exciting to now be acquainted with yet another amazing woman who is tearing down barriers for what she believes in!