Last night I decided I was going to meet up with my friend, Matt, and grab some drinks at a local pub.

Great idea, right?

Well it was until 7:15pm when Matt and I dramatically hugged, he twisted me, my knee dislocated and we both fell to the ground.

Yes, I did really do that.

With a Reiki Master on guard, and I in my craziness, I am helped to my feet where I fain absence of pain and make my way to the Shopper's Drug Mart. Once I have everything I need including an ace bandage and pain killers, I ask for a place to wrap my knee.

Although, I'm keeping "calm" I'm in serious pain and I need to get myself sorted out asap before the adrenalin wears off and I have nothing left to do but cry.

I will not cry.

I'm directed to the back of the store where I ask the Pharmacist for assistance.

-Please, I just dislocated my knee outside-
-You need to be some cold on it.
-Yeah, I know, I will, but-

He walks away.

-EXCUSE ME! I just hurt myself outside and it's quite serious!!
-Calm down.
-Trust me, I AM calm. I just need a room where I can bandage my knee.
-There's the waiting room.
I am Dumbfounded
-I have to take my pants down to stap my knee properly. Do you have a nursing room or something?
-No we don't
-A washroom?
-No we don't have a washroom
-You don't have a washroom... seriously.
At this point I'm moments away from welling up.
-Please, I need to fix my knee.
-*sigh* take a seat in the waiting room. We have a consulation room we just need to check to make sure someone isn't in there.
-Thank you.

I sit in the waiting room for up to 15 minutes. No one checked the room and I get impatient.

-Excuse me... was there someone in there?
-Yes.
-Please, I'm in quite a bit of pain. I need to strap my knee. If I don't do it soon I won't be able to walk.
-Hold on.

Woman goes in and comes out. Followed by a cashier and her dinner items.

WHAT! I, THE FIRST AID EMERGENCY WAS TOSSED ASIDE FOR THE CHECK OUT GIRL TO FINISH HER DINNER!?!?

Yes. that is so true.

Well, my knee is strapped and my ribs are mildly bruised and I must get my things together to get to work.

I had to vent about how evil the Shoppers Drug Mart at Bloor and Spadina is.