What a great weekend! From a house party late Friday night, my friend's beautiful Sikh wedding on Saturday, BLVD Nightclub on Saturday night, Miami Vice on Sunday day capped by my friend's wedding reception on Sunday night.

It was a full one but a good one. But, there were two events that really proved to give me enlightenment. The House Party & Jyoti's Wedding.

The house party on Friday night was a little queer, with the exception of one gentleman who caught the eye of both my friend and I. All girlfriends must cross this milestones in their relationships, right? Well, whether he was interested in me or not is immaterial. What is important that in a brief moment with relationships crumbling, people crying, people drunk, and chaos insuing all around me I realize comparitively speaking, my life on the upswing. I understood that what I'm looking for isn't found so much in one person, but in a frame of thought defined by patience, optimism, and goodness of heart.

Fair enough, right?

Saturday's main feature was Jyoti's wedding. A beautiful event that lacked the giddiness of white weddings. Of course that is not a downfall, especially when the wedding takes place with such dignity and elegance I have never seen before. The bride enters the temple like a queen. She is assisted with every step and her role is to be respectful and demure without losing her facade of regality.

The room is divided between the women and the men, prayers are communal and often sung. Children are not discouraged from being children and proceed to have a quiet fun while we all humbly sit, heads covered in a pious respect for our creator.

I was overwhelmed by the radiance of the women's dress. The indian costume is one of richly colour fabrics draped around elegant women. The sari's are hand trimmed with beads, sequins and other fineries that one cannot help but be envious! I had a silk dress on, but, nothing that could compare!