This blog is more than just a snazzy title.

Tonight around 10:30pm I received a really disturbing call to my home phone line. So after I endured a short barrage of profain language and specifically horrific threats, I hung up the phone. That's when it hit me, I am alone and I have to take care of myself now.

Of course I was scared, but, for the first time in my life this princess didn't have any specific prince waiting in the wings to save her. And, even if I did, I didn't want to turn to anyone but myself.

It was one of those strange epiphanies you get only once and a while and it usually only solidifies something you already knew. In this case, it was something I already knew, but, I didn't really understand until that moment. So when my girlfriend called me up to ask if I was okay and if I needed her I was able to respond with confidence, "No, I'll be okay. I'll call you if I need anything, I promise."

So I made all the appropriate motions to deal with the calls (yes, there was more than one), and btw, FYI it's *57 to trace phone calls on your phone. And, then I sat back, and for the first time in a long time, I felt proud of myself for taking care of something that would've really destroyed me before.

Funny how people change.

Oh, I bet you're looking for the loathing part... well, I'm tuckered and I'm going to go to sleep so I'll finish this post in the A.M.