Forever the optimist, I wake up smiling regardless of the grey light filtering through my blinds. How could I not? The window is cracked open with cool air drifting into my room and I'm wrapped tightly in my favorite duvet.

And, I promise you, that duvet is impermeable to cold air.

Promise.

Now I'm basking in the afterglow of an amazing breakfast. I took all my favorite foods like English muffin, butter and garlic sauteed spinach topped with smoked salmon a poached egg and my killer hollandais sauce.

All from scratch, because you can make it better yourself.

Now I'm blogging, pleased that I don't have to do a thing today except vacuum, job hunt and blog.

Although, the ghetto cam is missing.

Tonight, off to El Mocambo to check out my boy Paul and his band, The Amber Room, then over to The Reverb to see my girls.

Don't forget it's Rememberance Day... Gotcha Poppies, Bitches?