If I shouted in a crowded room, "All my Canadians in the house, stand up if you love Rick Mercer!" The man would get a standing ovation.

Rick Mercer is the original smart mouthed, political satirist.

The original informed pundit.

But, my lord, the man does go on! I rocked on over to his blog, and yes, it's filled with interesting political commentary, but, lots of interesting political commentary.

As always, I'm on a quest to make information accessible to the general public, to hopefully reinvigorate people's interest in current events, arts, culture and just generally having a social conscience.

In short, encourage people to look past the end of their own nose.

Mr. Mercer is attempting the same thing, and he gets points for the blog. But, you know what... not everyone has the blog talent.

I did love this line from Rick Mercer's Blog, in reference to Conservative Candidate Diane Haskett:

"Like most Canadians I am watching the campaign leading up to the by-election in London Ontario with baited breath."

Oh, we're watching, Mr. Mercer. The London by-election truly is up there on my list of things to bait my breath over. Next to reminding Belinda Stronach to breath in and breath out. Of which, I conveniently try to forget lest she might finally go away.

My faith is: London won't forget the $10,000 fine Diane Haskett opened the door for when she violated gay tax payer's rights. The pricey statement was to the effect of "endorsing homosexuality" would require her to "turn her back on God".

Diane Haskett: Conservative Candidate and Modern Day Apostle for Coles Notes Bible Thumpers! The representative for people requiring a phonetic transcription "Geezuz" to appear throughout the paper back. Diane was there, she's had trouble finding the source of that little footnote next to Jesus' name and she's ready to stand on your behalf in Parliament and shout "Footnote Four is the SON OF GOD!

"The lord Jesus loves you all! Except for the gays."

Contradiction! WOOooo!

Love you, Mercer.
Shorten the Blog.