I should be sleeping right now but I can't just yet. I got stuck in a myriad of wistful memories of my hometown, Summerside, and how in Upper Canada it's hard to explain where it is that I'm from.

My ex sure never cared... So I suppose everyone would react the same way.
This post is mainly for my own benefit. You know, on those days I feel homesick I can just click in and remember.

This is Jubilee Theatre. It seats about 700 folks and it was the site of my first play on a real stage. I played Meg in Little Women for the Holiday show run.
My first fans were in the audience.
My first on stage kiss.
My first uncomfortably elaborate costume.
My first taste of stardom.
I subsequently sang at every Music Festival there and it was my goal to fill the entire theatre with my voice in opera.

The College of Piping, only a 5 minute walk from my house. I remember summers sitting in the bath serenaded by the obnoxious honk of bag pipes.
Sorry. I'm not a bag pipe fan.
I also learned how to sing Gaelic there and performed with many a iconic Island performers.
Great gift shop!! I got my Bodhran there!!

Daaaaamn, Spinnaker's Landing. I not only had lots of jobs there, I used to get my sailboat stuck in this dodgy little corner in the back. Ugh.
Fogarty's Cove and Papa Wheelies! Two of the best summer jobs a girl could've had. Loved Beth and Dave.


PEI Dirt Shirts. There was a time when falling in a red mud puddle was death for your pants. Well an Islander decided to do that with all white shirts and started one of tourists favorite clothing item: The PEI DIRT SHIRT

A shirt dipped in red mud.
Christmas presents everyone!



My Island in the winter.
Can you understand why I'm so sad I'm not going home this Christmas?
This is honestly what PEI looks like with snow... it's like nothing you will see anywhere else.

Here it is, down the street from my house was this... my high school!
TOSH aka Three Oaks Senior High.

I had a good time in High School, it's also when I started to turn into a hottie. Good times.

Ah, home sweet home.
Miss you PEI.
But, it's hard to be what I want to be there.
So I'm here.
For now.