When I was knee high to a grass hopper, I took art lessons at Lefurgy Cultural Centre in Summerside, PEI.

I painted pictures of grasshoppers, ladybugs, and the occasional smiling flower, I was really quite prolific as an artist during my early years, roughly around 6-9 years of age. My teacher, Ardis, who I mistakenly called Artist. In my defence, it was apt and not so far from her real name.

Well, I came across this on the online edition of my home newspaper, and there she is, lil' ol' Ardis proudly displaying her extensive collection of Colbalt Blue dining ware.

Bless Summerside's news for having a little old woman on the front page displaying her collection for all to enjoy. That's what Toronto is missing, that sweetness and charm that's inherit in a small town.

There just isn't enough people in the world who are excited by tea kettles and coffee creamers.