Yes, Madonna can squish me if she so chooses, but, I was compelled to blog about this quote on her recent adoption:

"I have people say to me when I'm walking down the street, 'Why did you adopt a black child?' I don't dignify their question with a reply. But there is a lot of racism in the world. I think that's underneath a lot of people's prejudice about me adopting David. A lot of people have a problem with the fact that I've adopted an African child, a child who has a different color skin than I do. I'm not going to buy into it and neither are my children. So I don't worry about it. I don't live in a white world. I live in THE world. And my children are exposed to all cultures and all races and many belief systems."

- Madonna tells the Today show's Meredith Vieira


Madonna, here's the thing, this is why people have a "problem" with you adopting an African child.

Angelina Jolie and Bradd Pitt have cornered and are the masters of that market. You come in, go on a mission in Africa to adopt a child and the world feels that it's a ploy to acquire some of attention directed to the Jolie-Pitt camp.

Maybe it's not true.
Maybe it is.

Of all the adoptions that happen, of all the mixed races, why do I feel like you are making a mountain out of a mole hill? I'm glad you notified me of the public's curiousity with your recent adoption, had you not mentioned it I would have missed it entirely.

I'm just saying.

My gut instinct tells me that your selfless act of reaching out to another human being is a shameful act of self promotion through which you overturn a selfless activity into another disposible copy cat trend.

If it was less about self promotion and more about assisting one of the world's youth, are you discriminating against the thousands of orphaned children across the United States? Why is David much more worthy of your attention then any of your local underserved youth?

Waiting lists?
Perhaps.

Any seemingly normal individual deserves to adopt a child, however, I question the authenticity of your intentions when you conduct television interviews discussing the said adoption. There is nothing discreet nor tasteful about pimping out the public's opinion on your recent adoption for publicity and promotion.

Your child isn't of a different race because...
*soft moral inspired theme music*
we're all apart of the Human Race.

*end scene*