I was called in for a 10am rehearsal. Apparently, I'm not the courtesan anymore. Oh well, I'll be the best damn volunteer understudy ever.

Yeah, I really am an understudy for the part.

After my whole 5 minutes on stage were over with, I decided to walk home. Feeling a little down over the loss of a role I guess I never had in the first place, I felt that a peameal sandwich was the pick me up that I needed.

It is Saturday, which is the day to go to St. Lawrence Market and of course the one thing you have to do at SLM is get peameal on a bun.

Too much with the italics, wasn't it?

As I walked through the market doors I immediately felt recharged. I forgot all about the silly opera and a rare sense of community that bustled infront of me, coaxed my soul a little further out of its funk.

Families, couples, students, artists and elderly on their weekly ritual of indulging in the market's bounty were puposefully filling their carts with some of the best that the local food producers could offer.

And, then there was I.
Ye ol' Karma to the Cake, feelings the pangs of hunger rock my body (punishment for skipping breakfast) moved in a hurried beeline towards the stand. No one will stand between myself and sugar cured ham rolled in cornmeal and served on a soft yeast scented bun. Perhaps I took victims on my mission, that period from the front door to the first bite were a blur. Except for what seemed like the sea of people parted infront of the peameal stand and a woman with a big smile was ready to exchange peameal for my cash.

Piety children.
Piety.

I gots m'peameal, so let's blow this joint and head home!

I walked down stairs, past the veal parmesan stand, and in a moment I came face to face with a ghost of my ex. I had to get out, my newly levened soul was feeling pressed.

I took a bite, of my sandwich, I needed it's salvation now. Alas, it was missing something, I looked up and my eyes caught the aviator sunglasses covered glance of a handsome guy. We exchanged smiles and in a second my soul was freed along with the ghosts.

Destination: Home!

From St. Lawrence Market to Yonge Dundas Square was little more than eating peameal and enjoying the Madonna as the soundtrack to my walk home. Come Yonge Dundas was my favorite street artist chalking up another work of art on the sidewalk and these lovely girls offering free hugs.

Inspired by Juan Mann (pseudonym), the creator of the Free Hugs Campaign, these two ladies were on a mission to brighten everyone's day with some random acts of kindness. I refrained from hugging them in an effort not to infect them with a cold. Random acts of kindness do not include efficient spread of disease.

I've included the video of Juan Mann for all to view. To date, Free Hugs Campaign on YouTube have gotten over 8 million hits since September 2006. Which begs me to wonder how Lonelygirl15 got to the VH1 Big in '06 over this. This video is lovelier and has a much more profound impact on its viewers then Jessica Rose's interpretation of a 15 year old coming of age.

Hugs break down barriers.
We all need a little love.
And, these two ladies, were the charming cherry on what turned out to be one sweet sunny sundae of a saturday day!

If you want to go and get some hugs, run on down to Y&D they are probably still there!