I think there are a lot of fab things that have come my way in my life and only now do I realize they came my way through hard work and persaverance.

The first day I realized this was back in grade 2. The science fair was coming up and I worked with my sister to put together the best project on the solar system that ever existed. Complete with styrophoam planets.

Make no mistake, my pony tails, toothy grin and pinfore dress might have made me look sweeter than a muffin, but I would've cut them if I didn't get some Sci Fi lovin'.

Not only did I rule that fair, I owned it! First place!

I should've seen how that was the perfect example of my life. I would never just fall into opportunity, I had to work for it. Because, after the Science Fair, was the music. Every ribbon I won, every audition I earned and even my B.Mus I got after 4 years of intense study. Can you believe, I never fit in with the other conservatory students. I wore the black hoodies, I was tall, I listened to rock music and I would lock myself in a practice room and sing whole operas just for myself.

I loved my music, not that it was because it was the only thing I could do. I did it because I love it. Maybe that's why I didn't fit in, the other students saw my interests and talents could reach further than the conservatory. But, I had to work hard to graduate, again, nothing came to me easily. I took summer courses and overloads in the winter so I could graduate on time.

Then I moved to Toronto. I came here to be the new fresh face of opera. I was going to be the rock and roll opera diva, and then pageants happened. If you've read my previous posts you understand how I willingly sold my soul to be the chaste and virginal goddesses of beauty and poise.

Now my days as Miss Toronto are well in the past, and I see my future ahead of me. I'm a committee member at the Canadian Opera Company, I'm reworking an aria with beats to sing at a Versace fashion show, I finished filming a music show, a film, a netradio segment, I'm constantly doing photo shoots and the writing is going well. So although I have yet to finish my template, people still come to read my blog.

Things are moving for me, and I hope it's because I'm working hard for them. I'm planning to go back to school and take journalism so I can sharpen my skills, and I would do that even if I did get my big break.

I might not be the rock and roll opera diva, but, I think it's entirely possible that I'll be the rock and roll A&E diva.

Art inspires, I just want to take it to a leval that would inspire a community, a province and a nation.

I can sleep later, right now I have to get back to working hard.

Boys?
ahahahahaha
yeah.
likely.

no guy I met understands the passion I have for music, art, my world and myself.