I have to ask myself if I am a bad person.

I do realize that I've fallen somewhat away from the happy go lucky little girl from PEI, but, that's to be expected. Move away, gain new experiences, meet new people and get involved in new projects.

However, the one thing I've always prided myself on is my unwavering love for my friends. My support for their work and my undying appreciation for them all. So why is it, I've met a person who says they want to be my friend, and yet their actions read otherwise. What does that mean?

Granted he and I went out on a few dates, but, we were never a)exclusive or b)enjoying more than each other's time. I could care less on the outcome of the romantic side of things, but, I wouldn't have spent so much time with him had I not wanted to be his friend.

It really hurts to know that there's someone out there who I thought I made that amicable connection with and they've just thrown it back in my face.

Rejection hurts period. But, this one just stings because I don't understand why someone does not want to be my friend.

So as I finish noshing on my sweet and sour scallops and stare at my apartment which is near sparkling perfection, I wonder if his decision to shun me has to do with me, and if so, what do I need to do to change it?

Or maybe, I'm fine, and he just doesn't know how to take it. Regardless, in the end, people should not lie and say they want to be someone's friend and then not live up to expectations.

Friends don't let friends wonder why the fuck they don't return an email.