The warehouse party though... now THAT was an experience! After Never Forgive Action at the Gypsy Co-op and 3 beef patties later. My possee and I walked down a quiet residential road until we came to an unlit run down building that obviously saw better days. A burly door man assess the group for a familiar face and when that test was passed the door opens quietly and we're encouraged to run in quickly.

Inside it was kind of as you would've expected. It was a warehouse... but, at least they tried to make it a little homey. Ropes hung precariously around the perimeter of the rooms suspending black sheets. Mismatched couches allowed coked out partiers to relax in the "quiet room"/"bar", strange luau decorations were stuck on the walls... I guess that was supposed to remind us we were at a party. Kind of hard to forget with the loud music playing and the drunk partigoers shouting "WOO! THIS IS A FUCKING AWESOME PARTY!"

House DJ's were spinning relatively high above the dance floor in their own little dj platform and of course it was House. And, I hate house music... So I spent a lot of time in the quiet room and chillin' in the bathroom believe it or not. I got so many apologetic glances and hugs from tripped out partier goers when the word spread that I didn't like House.
STOP THE PRESSES! MISS KARMACAKE HATES HOUSE!

WHAT?! HOW CAN THAT BE!? IT'S HOUSE MUSIC!

APPARENTLY SHE DOESN"T LIKE IT!

POOR THING. HER EARS MUST BE BROKEN!

nope, I just don't do that many drugs.

It was entertaining, for the little while I was there before I left. Then I started fixing some girl's hair in the bathroom and she then proceeded to give me her "card" . which was a 5X7 glossy flyer advertising that her album is in stores now, and her myspace. She's one of those artists you've seen the flyer & posters for her work, but, never actually hear her song.

So I chatted with her for a while and that was it.

Went home, went to bed and dreamed of breakfast.

So there, you experienced the night first hand, the only thing I left out was the guy trying to pick me up with the line 'So I take it your friend is the one that gets all the guys talking to her'. That was classic. Or maybe he was just being cruel, either way, he got a slap.