"What song stands out to you on the Top 40?"
"Well I listen to a lot of UK Top 40. Lily Allen, The Streets, Example. You know."
"That's great. But, what about our Top 40?"
kc thinking. Insert Internal Dialogue
"Isn't it a top 30 countdown on the Much channels? Which top 40 is he talking about? Oh just pick a song, you listen to music all the time. You're known as the girl that knows all the songs. You don't really have a fav. Nelly Furtado, "Maneater", Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back", Fergie "Oh shit"? Nah, everyone will say those... Corinne Bailey Rae? CORRINE BAILEY RAE!"

"I would say Corrin Bailey Rae, 'Go put your records on'" For the job and the salary, please.

Suck on that. She's current, hot, cute and singing a a lovely jazz inspired song on a top 40 chart. By virtue of the genre it stands out!

"What juicy question would you ask Beyonce?"
"Her inability to purchase properly tailored clothes that hold her boobs in? Why is she biting Britney's style all the time? How she can keep a straight face when Jay-Z announced he was coming out of retirement? JAY-Z!? I want to know this question!"


"Why did you have to keep your relationship with Jay-Z a secret for so long? We saw the photos, the world was there in the relationship since day one, so why continue lying to the public and saying you weren't dating? It couldn't have been because you wanted to keep it private, please, there was nothing private about it, starting with the 'Bonnie & Clyde' video. Were you embarrassed because you were dating Jay-Z?" because I sure as heck would be!


And, that my dears was it.
The interview. The answers. and my internal dialogue.

There's no question about my overall understanding of music. From the history and evolution to the pop music today. I just hope that my experience, style, eloquence and overall presentation gets me a call back.

In the end, it boils down to this:

For some people, music is a fad.

For me it's a lifestyle.

I am a tv host, and I will get there one day.