So Libra Lounge... this adorably petite lounge skirts on the hem of King West. With naked ladies on the walls lit by the cascading light from trendy chandeliers, Libra Lounge is a pretty good antithesis to MEC located across the street. Well last night was a little party held in its honour, complete with custom made tote bags and an ice sculpture/martini fountain.

Yes, I know, why do they always insist on making the ice scupture a martini fountain? I have yet to see one in use besides at that wedding I went to not long ago. I guess ice sculpters figure that the bougie couldn't possibly cool down their beverages with a straw and some ice.

Kicking it old skool is completely verboten.

Martini fountain functioning or no, the IceCulture Inc ice sculpture was great. You can see it in the photo - it looked like glass. I'm also totally crushing on those flowers - colour and everything.

The martinis were nice, but they weren't my favorites in the city. The Supermodel was more Adriana Lima than Daria Werbowy with sunny tropical citrus amidst something pink and laced with the soundtracked scent of coconut tanning lotion rum. The Ouiskey Business was the second from the bottom on the Martini menu, was tricky to pronounce and it kind of just tasted like Red Bull - although many people liked it, as it was recommended to me several times.

Perhaps the "Ouiskey Business" had something to do with copyright infringement?

For the entire time I was more interested in talking and not moving in such a way that would encourage my leggings to sag down a little bit more than they already had. Men have no clue how distracting that can be!

Kendra Court of Gathering Event Planning & Fundraising was the spirited event planner that brought it all together. I intended to introduce myself, but as I made a move she got caught in a stream of partigoers with only enough time to say, "Remember, 15 minutes before the complementary bar shuts and the cash bar comes up!" before she wass swept up again.

Thank you, Kendra and cheers to all the event planners who don't own restaurants!

Screw the budget!

I heart you.

So Libra Lounge... you were pretty rad. This would be a cute spot to rock out for a friend's bday. I can see how it works; I'm down for it. It's apparently a restaurant in the day time - although, I haven't been.

As my friends and I prepared to leave, a woman in black offered us simple black and white tote bags. After careful consideration, I had my heart set on the white canvas with silver strap, "What a cute shopping bag" I thought to myself as I was handed a black reflective bag with a Navajo print on the handle.

"Excuse me, may I have the white bag?"
"No, we aren't allowed to let people pick."
"Oh, but I'll use the white one..." she walked away.

Shame. Must be nice to have the best job in the world.

Over to my left were the remaining bags. Hmmm...

Black bag down.
White bag up - much better! The other one would've just gone to goodwill! I'm sure the designer would rather their bag get used than tossed. Right?

While we were there, I ran into a bunch of folks from Dine.TO and Deb Lewis of CityEvents as well as some rad folks from National PR.

I would probably go back, if I were to use it for an event - for sure. But, when we left the party we then realized there was a man make up studio on site doing man make up. Reado wasn't down for it, although I think most guys could benefit from some lip balm and tinted moisterizer.

There's a photo of my friends, the purses on the right, the fountain on the left and an unfinished Ouiskie Business infront.

Libra Lounge was fun. Until the next event!!

Some Stats on Libra Lounge:

391 King St W, Toronto, ON (Across from Mountain Equipment Coop)
416-599-7000
One Level + Front Facing Patio
Bathrooms on Lower Level
Street Parking + 2 Parking Lots Across the Street.
Capacity is 120 people
Outside Caterers are totally cool
Full kitchen