I essentially invited myself to the event - perks of working at Dine.TO. It was all very last minute, I was working at my computer finishing the review for Willow Springs Winery out in Whitchurch-Stouffville, when Jen McNeely of She Does the City sent out the information for that evenings event.

The part of the hustle we're in right now is to get out there, to see people, make acquaintances and make friends. You can't launch something without people who like you and believe in what you do. So, I emailed their PR rep, got the okay to attend and Reado and I were on our way to sample some gin cocktails at the Ted Rogers Snr. House in Rosedale.

We walk in and see all my favorite people, Raymi the Minx, Sass from Zucket.com, Ryan Jennings co-author of Cooking with Booze, Jaimie Woo from Torontoist, Anita from iwantigot, Ginger from Ginger Won't Snap, Julian Brass from Notable.tv, Spotlightcity's Suresh Doss - holy, am I missing anyone?

Shinan Govani was there as well, in fact, he was standing next to me for the better part of the presentation. He rarely retweets me and he didn't care to speak to me - so whatevs. Here's a shot of folks going for the food.

Eat up!

What's missing from the photo is me elbowing my way to the tray. At this point I was moments away from Swatow and an order of cold tea.

So the event? Bombay Sapphire hosted a "Gin In" to get folks ready for some simple summer entertaining. BSapphire's Global Brand Ambassador & Master Mixologist, Merlin Griffiths, was shaking cocktails and reacquainting us with the wonderful world of gin! Sapphire Collins were the hit of the ball; lemon, simple syrup and gin came together in a regally bitter lemonade-all-growed-up. While the Sapphire Ginger Mint was a cooling concoction of gin, gingerale and mint, like a mojito sophisticato.

Clearly, if you were there, you would've though the house was on a boat what with everyone swaying back and forth like they were on the high seas.

I don't think information retention was at an all time high.

Sadly, not one Gin and Tonic.

Not that any of us needed it.

It was a solid event. A bit crowded when it came to the cooking demo with celebrity party planner and entertaining expert, Sebastien Center, of Eatertainment Special Events. Dishes were simple and straightforward, wildrice and citrus salmon was delightfully rich, but lacking complexity, it would have been too much to serve as a main course.

If you have several mini Bodum tea caraffs, extra wine glasses to spare or time to do some napkin folding, you can finally have a cool dinner party.

Overall, chilling with Reado and catching up with Ryan was fantastic. I love his Cooking with Booze & Entertaining with Booze books (coincidentally they are on display in the window of the Cookbook Store on Yorkville).

By the time we left, Reado and I were two gift boxes richer and we were both ready to put to use the fantab Bombay Sapphire branded lemon juicer. Coincidentally, these will also be available as a gift with purchase this summer - so bottoms up!

Cheers everyone!