This is a late post - sorry, I was going to do it last night, but I went to Lily Allen.

Honestly, there's nothing Karmacake related except for, this was a lot of fun. Since I've been working with Dine.TO, I've had the opportunity to go to a bunch of fun little events taking place in the city.

Cheese Boutique, if you haven't gone, is a mecca for any food enthusiast. While the prices are $$$ the variety is fantastic, but if you go, go for the cheese. TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Well this event was the kick off to the Festival of Chefs it goes on throughout May on specific dates. On those days you can expect to see the top chefs in the city do demonstrations. It's a GREAT opportunity for people to get face to face with the people who are normally behind the scenes. I'm jazzed for the AGO's Anne Yarymowich on May 10th, Mildred's Temple Kitchen's Donna Dooher on May 24th and Langdon Hall's Jonathan Gushue on May 31.

If you follow me on Twitter, you would've heard about how embarrassed I was to find out that the proofreader didn't catch me calling Black Hoof, Black Bull. Thankfully, Grant Van Gameren, co-owner and chef at Black Hoof, caught it and left me know. Well, at least I didn't call him Greg, like the Globe and Mail, right? All I could say in response was, "Well at least Toronto Life got it right!"

ha ha. I'm not the best with thinking on my feet.
Getting called out by one of the city's golden boy chefs... well, I guess we all have to start off somewhere.

I ate spit roasted lamb, polenta with truffles, plates of cheese, charcuterie and pickled veg. My cousin came with, Elias is the latest addition to the city's culinary circuit and I can say from experience, this man knows how to cook. Although, at one point in the car, Elias admitted that I'm the best cook.

I can't lie.

It's true.

Here are some photos from Cheese Boutique.




Wow. I thought I took more. Sorry so blurry - camera phone. Any port in a storm... *yawn* Fuck, I want some cheese now. Can't. The Slim Fast will be pissed and then punish my Kardashian sized booty. :(