Too many people think I have a flare for writing an interesting blog and suggest that I should consider a career, doing what else, writing! These people, obviously blind to my chronically bad grammar and spelling syntax, should note: Bad Grammar and Bad Spelling isn't indicative of a successful writer.

Or is it?

I thought if there was one magazine I would ever write for it would be like my favorite magazine growing up, Sassy. Now a more grown up version Jane is available on newstands and caters to my age group. Sassy grew up.

Now on newstands there is a new kid on the block Shameless a brash quarterly magazine geared towards teenage women. I've only visited the website and I plan on picking up a copy this evening. But, what would I write if I did write for them? I would continue to be me and to write about whatever the heck strikes me.

Like my inspiration Sassy, I believe that the youth need to have a frank and honest reflection of their world. Either exposing them to something new and inspiring or being truthful about the things teens really are interested in. Girls love fashion, make up, boys, having fun, being a star in their own world, being taken seriously and learning about what is cool. I want to be the one to tell them that it's cool to make their own definition of cool.

Sassy never said make up was bad or that fashion was bad. In fact, in one issue you could learn to make Evan Dando's chocolate sauce, correctly apply foundation, how to make a wicked dress out of an ex's t shirt and finally what a girl can do to save her sisters in political strife in a foreign country.

You know what, Jane Pratt (former editor of Sassy and current editor of Jane) I am a Sassy Girl! I always will be, and I want to take your message to the world!

Hey Shameless are you ready to sass it up?