I live in a little part of Toronto known as Yorkville. Yorkville is essentially an area filled with high end boutiques, elderly madames, little dogs, serious faces and tragic fashionistas. There is some great shopping and some great food to be had in my neighbourhood.

However, this past Sunday, Myself and the other Yorkville residents were shaken. The street outside my home was a crime scene. Blocked off from the Reference Library all the way to Yonge & Bloor. The reason was sketchy at the time, but, it turns out an individual had walked into the Tim Horton's washroom with a can of gasoline and proceeded to cause a flash fire. The fire turned into an explosion when the heat reached an air freshening unit causing a large bang that made the ceiling cave in. The individual was trapped and later died of smoke inhalation. Thankfully no one else was injured.

It's not clear if the individual was planning on killing themself or to just burn down the Tim Horton's.

The experience was frightening. Even if it wasn't a terrorist attack or a bomb exploding or a shooting, it was still disturbing. The security that you take for granted every day comes about and before you know it, you're standing in the wake of a tragedy that you and no one else could've prevented.

We are just cards in a deck. Someone's shuffled us about and is making a card house out of us. Even if I don't know every person I pass on the street, I rely on them. I rely on them to not do something that will damage my sense of security. I understand that sometimes someone will fall, but I also know that I can't stop trusting the world because living in fear is not living at all.