My conversation began like this with my friend and Giro Toronto organizer:

there's a building named after my grandfather
really, that's so exciting.
sorbara hall
that's a bit of a thrill
... minor time lapse ...
My office has my name on the door
... another minor time lapse ...
hey, if I sent you a banner ad, would you stick on your blog?

I'm sure you're wondering, what is Giro Toronto. Well if you haven't read about it in the National Post let me shed some light on it for you.

Giro Toronto is a fun filled bike tour that takes participants on an interesting boot shaped tour of the city. Coincidentally, the boot shape isn't just for esthetics! The boot shape actually hits all the Italian neighborhoods in Toronto providing bikers an interesting historical romp through good ol' Hog Town.

Another great part about the race is that all funds raised goes to support Villa Charities. so you'll do something good for your soul, your spirit and your constitution!

So if you can dig it, dust off your two wheeler and sign up for this amazing tour around the city. And, you know what, yours truly will be volunteering, so maybe you'll see me filling wine cups at the pit stops. Yes, you heard correctly, the rest stops will be fuelled with vino (Gato Negro is a Sponsor) as well as water and Gatorade.

Sign up to ride it, sponsor a rider or volunteer

Hope to see you there!!