Like lots of my friends I'm trying to gain notoriety. Some are doing it through singing, acting, dancing, but, me, I'm trying to do it being me and talking about the things I like :)

Maybe blogging.
Maybe.

lol

okay, back to the point I'm trying to make! For the few that are notorius for being the artist and the brand, the super stars, the ridiculously famous that are known by one name only. I'm talking about the Britney's, Justins, Lindsay's and the Hilary's (Who I think should be call Duff but that besides the point!) of the world. This select and "lucky" few (great, lucky is in quotations. I think she's making a cliche- I mean- point!) work so hard to gain acceptance and celebrity only to be built up by the press just for the purpose to get cut to shreds at a moment's notice.

Fame is of course a game of money and power. But, there is one realm where the money and power are never in question. The media, the paparazzi, the gossip are it. It drives fame and regardless of how hard artist push against it, the vast majority of their fans crave the gossip. Their love is just as destructive as their hate!

So what happens when you lose popularity? You are ripped apart...

in shreds.

You see it now with Mel Gibson. At one point at the top of his game, now he's an anti-semite? No, he's a drunken, defeated, aging actor who got caught running his inebriated mouth off. The media is right, he did say something inappropriate, but, he didn't kill a baby. The sensationalism of the media is wholly manafested in the retelling of the Mel tale.

But, it doesn't matter what I say. It matters what the columnist say and they say, like the grim reaper taking another soul, "Mel, your time is up."

It's not just Mel Gibson either. Tom Cruise (but, I think he's genuinely nutty AND gay), Tara Reid and Britney Spears.

So if you're wishing for fame, know exactly what it is you're asking for. The reality is, as soon as you get comfortable at the top, the world is there to cut you down. How you handle yourself is important, Maryl Streep and Uma Thurman I think are perfect examples.

Why?

Because they always stayed lovely.
They know what they want.
They know what's important.

kc