Here I am on Prince Edward Island for the holidays! To some that may not sound so exciting, for others it might sound truly exciting... No matter which way you slice it, it's home.

At the moment, it's unusually temperate in the house. Normally, M&D (Trans: Mum and Dad) keep the house fairly fridgid. When I suggested I turn the heat up, I got the reply "Just put a sweater on. It's because you're not dressed properly"

My attire:

Mum-knit Woolen socks
Jeans
Long sleeved t-shirt
Hooded sweater

However, I have to admit, unlike my mother, I wasn't wearing a fleece jacket.

So I resigned to a day in the kitchen, baking tirelessly in an effort to heat the house from the kitchen out. Just after the ginger cookies were finished, Dad proposed we go for a drive and look at all the houses lit for Christmas. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME! LET'S GO!

I make hot chocolate (dash of cinnamon, splash of cream!), pack some fresh ginger cookies and we hit the road! We drive up to North Rustico where we discover the most charming house, completely covered in lights! The massive front lawn was populated with a nativity scene, life sized wooden reindeers, gingerbread houses, elves, and anything else related to Christmas. There even was a mechanical drummer boy beating his drum while invisible speakers played holidays favorites to passers by.