Originally discovered September 2008, The Dark Knight Video Game for 8-bit Nintendo has only successfully gone viral in January 2009.

In fact, in terms of bloggers, I'm a little late on this one... I'm like the 21st blog to get this bad boy posted. Regardless, that's obviously not going to slow me down.

At first I thought this Dark Knight clip might be real, what with Nintendo's release of Mega Man 9 also in September 2008. There's something to be said about retro gaming on modern consoles! Mega Man 9, while looking primitive by today's standards, it is both challenging and darling!

I was never a gamer when I was younger. My parents feared I would turn into a zombie. An obviously impossible transition minus the bite of a true zombie - both exceptionally rare and virtually unheard of. Science withstanding, Nintendo's were a no go in my household.

Anyway, now we all can see what The Dark Knight would look like on an antique gaming system. Real gamers will probably criticize the creator, El Macbee, for producing a video that looks more like something found on a 16-bit console, like SNES. But, for the vast majority of plebs like me, this will look damn cool, regardless and will have high share value!

El Macbee is quoted as saying on the GameSpot Forums in October 2008, "Sure, it's just an animation. But I'm aware of what NES can and can't do. That's an amazing console and I create visual modifications for Nintendo games since 1998. It's fun to push Nintendo to its limits."

He goes on to share another video, taken of actual game play, featuring Super Mario Brothers getting the El Macbee 8-bit makeover.

"I tried to improve 'Mario Bros.' graphics on NES," says El Macbee, "You can see a much more detailed Mario here compared to the original."

Overall, awesome job. But, unless everyone's NES had games that looked like that on it, then it's safe to say, that the debate over wither the Dark Knight video is an 8-bit or 16-bit is squashed. It is clearly designed for 16-bit regardless of whether or not the NES could've handled it.

Like a bad joke - if you have to explain it, then it ain't gonna fly.

Here's the Mario Brother's clip - just in case anyone was dying to see what Mario really looks like. He still looks like Ron Jeremy to me.