I'm trying to get back in touch with the world I left before I went on the cruise, but in the meantime, here's some arty shit I found online.

I think it's high time I started really getting back into the swing of things... Procrastination feels pretty darned awesome, until about 4am in the morning when I wake up and go, "Oh shit! I should've picked up the living room instead of pissing the night away with Carr's water crackers and Rock of Love: Charm School."

But, who can blame a girl? Sharon Osbourne is pretty dope. Especially in that part when she splashes her drink all over that bitch Megan Hauserman - drunk or tweaking on coke. In other news, I tried to find a link to Rodeo's waterproof jeans, but I guess the company hasn't figured out they should probably tag their site with "Rodeo's waterproof jeans" and "charm school"

Anyway, this post isn't about my awesome life, it's about the cool recreations of famous paintings in photography. Now, isn't this a cultural way to spend a lunch hour, my awesome 5 returning visitors! hahaha, yeah it's been a long long time since I've blogged.

Okay, here we go!

The first batch is from F.A.T. (Free Art & Technology), where the contributors all found an impressionist painting they most resembled and recreated it. I think it's pretty neat... I'm curious to see who I most resemble and do my own. Except for, I have some shit for dine.to I have to finish, so posing for Impressionist Me is probably not the best use of my time at this exact moment in time!

haha

Next is Berlin based photographer, Rainer Elstermann, who recreated famous paintings, by old masters, with children. I LOVED this set it's eerie and beautiful how young girls somehow capture the beauty of the original subjects. I guess it's never changed - youth is pretty.

A very eerie gravitas.

Regardless, take a moment to flip through the images, they are pretty cool to check out. It's a fun way to get familiar with art... Lord knows, culture is apparently lame unless you are apart of the dying breed of hipsters that thrive on fine culture on a Chinatown budget.

FYI, I'm apparently too perky to be a hipster. Personally, I don't give a fuck. Food is more meaningful to me at the moment than an AGO membership. I would probably use it less than a gym membership, anyway.

I'm due to go and review FRANK, the new restaurant at the AGO, soon with my friend Fiona. It should be fun.

I wonder if we can sneak into the gallery for a pre-supper peruse!