I'm going to keep this short and sweet!

After talking to a friend of mine today I realized, friends can be unnecessarily harsh when giving advice on relationships.

Take a look at my girlfriend, she was involved with a guy and it turned sour because he wasn't ready for a commitment. Sounds familiar doesn't it? So after this came out, he quickly dropped off the radar to only reappear a few weeks later.

Now they are seeing each other on an "as need basis" as dictated by the guy.

Doesn't sound so good does it? As a friend I immediatly want to go for the jugular! "You're too good for him.", "You don't need that inconsistancy!", "You deserve better than that!" Honestly, it's like I go into autopilot!

But, I hold myself back. It's not about my happiness, it's about my friend's happiness. She's beaming about the apparent step forward towards reuniting as a bonified couple. And, maybe their current state of affairs is simple a phase! A phase that will ease the guy into feeling more comfortable about having a commitment.

So I try to relate, and I offer words of wisdom instead of advice. "If you love him, you should do what makes you happy. If it all goes sour you don't want to look back and think you could've done more. You don't want to have regrets."

In the end, who am I to say my friend's decisions aren't good!
People deserve to be happy!!!
ESPECIALLY my friends!