Oh what a ridiculous notion, I barely ever get stressed. Yes, I was upset when I was let go from RTH (I still believe that was wrong), but, I didn't stress over it. I merely mourned for the world I got to know so well in such a short period of time!

But, recently, I went to a Halloween brunch at Chateau Nice and discovered that stress can exist even if you're unaware of it. In fact, as I discovered that day, stress can manifest itself in bizzarr-o passive aggressive and anally retentive ways.

I freaked out over scrambled eggs.

Say it with me:

Scrambled.

Eggs.

It all happened when I saw a stranger at the helm of eggs at a brunch for close to 50 people. It being noon, and me stressed in a heavy fog of self afflicted hypo glycemia, I said loudly to my friend, "I bet they put dairy with the eggs" I glanced at the large wok filled with scrambled eggs sitting in a murky pool of whey. "Yep," I said, "Sure did."

Then the conversation went like this:

"You put milk with the eggs didn't you?"
"I didn't."
"Then dairy then"
"Sour cream"
"Why would you do that? You see how the eggs seperated, that's bad."
"I know what I'm doing, I'm an expert"
"Obviously not if you put dairy with scrambled eggs. You mess with the proteins. They get-"
"Do you want to take over?"
"No, I want to eat eggs. Can I take some from the top here"
"NO! You want eggs theres some in the microwave cooked"
I think on what those eggs would look like..
"No I want those ones. They're cooked"
"NO THEY AREN'T! I cook them until all the liquid evaporates."
"If you to that the eggs will over cook, turn into nuggets and will be tough!"
"Do you want to take over."
"No, you've obviously got it under control"
I reluctantly accept the egg paste from the microwave and head to eat.

So a rule of thumb:
Never add dairy to scrambled eggs. They will seperate, you will lose moisture from your eggs in bucket fulls.
Yes you add dairy to quiche, but, you also add flour and you don't agitate it.

Trust me.