Edward Scissorhands.

Can you believe it? 17 years after the movie is made, Matthew Bourne decides to choreograph Edward Scissorhands as a ballet. It's okay to be skeptical, I was too.

Then I watched it.

Joining me were part of my regular posse, Parul, Melissa and Derrick. And, although I disappointed them by appearing without being apart of the show, the gratis tickets I brought weren't enough to fend off comments on my "scrubbish" attire. I have only to thank the abstracted effects of what inevitably was my friends getting high before the show. For without that, I'm sure Derrick would have had more to say about my shapeless halter & sneaker combo I was rocking

After we settled in our seats in the most remote location possible in the theatre and were only allowed ONE PROGRAM PER COUPLE, I joined the chorus of bitter balcony goers calling either the show's producers or Hummingbird "Cheap Bastards". I really live for those rare moments of comraderie.

Once it all began the show about the uncommonly gentle man re-shuffled his way back into my heart. I forgave the sloppy dancing, I forgave the overly long ensemble scenes in the second act, I even forgave the dude that gave me the shittiest seats ever after my left leg cramped for the six billionth time because of the inexcusable lack of leg room. I forgave it all just to hold audience with the dancer who resurrected the role of Edward with such accuracy that it was like watching Johnny Depp.

While the show was a little more than tolerably good, don't expect to sob like you've lost your love. Really, the star features of the show include the music by Danny Elfman, the dude who plays Edward, and the fantabulous sets. Full stop.

I was intrigued enough to stick around, but, many of my acquaintances simply upped and left after the first part. I do think that for the artistically curious Edward Scissorhands is a safe bet. Spoon fed ballet with a peppy twist. Although, for a ticket price of anywhere from $50-$90 it is a bit of a rip. By using the Promotional Code: STUDENT you can score yourself a $27 ticket, which is a bit more reasonable.

Tonight is the last night, on a scale of 1-10 the show ranks as a 5. Entertaining but not life changing.

Afterwards, we ate burgers at Irish Embassy and enjoyed a $5 bill with Rage Against the Machine. I passed out from exhaustion resulting in missing the Nelly Furtado afterparty at Revival.

That's it for another installment of Karamacake's Adventures in the city.