If I didn't figure out how to make wicked Maple Lattes at home then I would be a sad sad woman.

Over the weekend Matt and I had the opportunity to go and catch Miss Nicola Moore's audition for Honey Jam.

I've never been to Honey Jam and the little I know about it includes that it is the concert where Nelly Furtado and Jully Black have lent their vocals. So each year, there are auditions for hundreds of female urban artists to try their luck as one of the lucky 20.

We don't know the results as of yet, and while there were a few stand outs. It was Nicola Moore's fearless dialog that won the crowd over.

"Hi, I'm number 18 - Nicola Moore - My song is one minute and eight seconds long. So if you could play it all that would be great, thanks."

Then her shoes came off.

The audience cheered as the soulful beats of "Ways on my Own" played in the background. Nicola's vocals melodically danced over the beats like a skipping stone over the surface of the water.

I want my first year at Honey Jam to be the first year Nicola Moore is on their stage.