Would you think that 135lbs is heavy set for a 5'9" female?
Well, for me, the extra weight doesn't work out so well, so I.H.C.B. and I have decided to embark on a quest for ultimate weight management! The name of the game is GOOD FOOD AND GOOD FUN!

NO CRAZE! We've opted to negate the Protein crazy and artificial sweetener craze as viable solutions to weight loss. Reason being, scientifically supported facts!
Research supports that Atkins helps to lose mostly water weight. Therefore, go off the diet and it's inevitable the water weight will come back.
Now artificial sweeteners are an interesting tale. Besides the fact they are rumoured to encourage cancer, migrain headaches and they taste like crap. They actually confuse your brain to think that real sugar doesn't contain calories and can result in binge eating on sweets.

Excuse me, I'd like the cottage cheese on my bagel, not my thighs!


So we're excercizing more. Women tend to binge eat after a heavy work out, so we're opting for low impact easy to maintain activity like climbing stairs, walking instead of ttc and making grocery shopping a fun day on the town. Now that C.B. is cheffing at a trendy new downtown restaurant I have a feeling that grocery day will be date day!

The food! With a picky Middle Eastern half breed & an up and coming chef, we have no tolerance for food that blows. Even if we made it ourselves!

So if that's any testiment to the quality of the recipes I'm posting, then so be it.

The foods are high in fibre, low in fat and taste good. We aim for an entire meal to contain approximately 500-600 calories and should be easy to prepare.

Ingredients we're in love with:
broccoli
asparagus
spinach
prepared salad greens
lemons
chicken
lean red meat
parmasan cheese
cracked peppercorns
Bulgur wheat
Brown Rice
Pasta (yeah, pasta, deal with it)
Low Sodium Chicken Broth

Favorite Recipe #1: Bulgur Wheat Salad with feta and cucumbers.

I hate tabouleh. I hate how bits get stuck in my teeth and hate it, ever since I was little. This is not Tabouleh... if anything it's Tabouleh that I don't hate!

What you need:
Chicken stock
Cucumber, chopped fine
Crumbled Feta Cheese (I like sheep's milk feta.)
1/2 clove garlic mashed with a pinch of salt
TBS fresh parsley chopped up fine
olive oil (to taste)
lemon juice (to taste)
roasted pine nuts
Bulger wheat

1. Boil 1.5 cups of Chicken Stock. Reduce heat to minimum (i'm so serious!) and add in 1 cup of Bulger Wheat. Cover & Let sit for 10 minutes. Uncover, fluff & cool.

2. While the wheat is cooling, perfect time to prep the above ingredients in a bowl.

3. When wheat is cool, mix EVERYTHING together. Avoid adding salt to season in the dish because Cucumber soaks it up and will then turn to mush. Season when served!

4. Use a little oil and a little lemon juice to flavour it up.

I ate this for an entire week.

Stay tuned for more recipes and more commentary! Including, my shocking epiphany on the Food Guide, why people are lying about food, and why my father is Alton Brown's twin.

k