It's chocolate that was sent to me, courtesy of Miss Ginger Corsair of Ginger Won't Snap, one cool Toronto Spring day. Two boxes of Nestlé Noir Mousse Delicate with a charming note asking me to post within two weeks. Without any sense of time, I'm posting a little past the deadline - with the greatest of apologies.

Anyway, let's keep this short and go with some FAQ's on the chocolate.

What is it?
According to the website these chocolates are orgasmically described as:

Deliciously light dark chocolate mousse enrobed in a shell of decadent chocolate.
What is it REALLY?
A Jell-O Pudding type chocolate mousse filling covered in an elevated version of Easter chocolate.

What does it taste like?
See above.

What surprised you about the chocolate?
How it melts immediately in your hands, making a mess that's not so bad to lick off. But, I'm into that sort of thing. Licking the build up of cheese residue from a bag of Humpty Dumpty Cheesies is still one of my favorite parts of eating cheesies.

I also like the ones that look like Slimey the Worm from Sesame Street.

I also couldn't eat more than 2 of the dark or the milk chocolate ones without getting a headache. Which is kind of odd, considering I believe I was put on this Earth to communicate the merits of junk food.

How can I justify eating it?
Just defer to the Nutritional information! One square is about 50 calories and has Calcium, Magnesium and Iron in it.
"Fuck off! I'm anemic! Now give me my Nestlé Noir!"
What do people say when they ate it?
Usually I got, "Oh! I don't mind if I do!" followed by a "Mmmm! These are sooooo good! Can I have another?"

Which one do you like? Dark or Milk Chocolate?
I like the dark one, but I was surprised it had more calories. I would assume that those who prefer dark chocolate are kind of like the people who like dark coffees. Even though, I was looking for something more like bittersweet chocolate, I still felt like I was eating something real with the Nestlé Dark version.

What's your final impression of the chocolate?

I think that Nestlé Noir Mousse Delicate is a more refined version of an Aero. The bubbly interior is a mousse-esque filling that makes it kind of fun to eat. If you know what real high end chocolates taste like, this will be more akin to Pizza Hut to real Neapolitan Pizza, you know? Not unpleasant, just dirty good.

Will you buy it again?
Probably not. If I'm going to spent money on some "high end chocolates" I'll splurge on few of the Godiva versions before this. Kind of bitchy, but it's true.

But, if you're looking for some "fancy chocolates" you can enjoy with your picky 5 year old - grab a box. They aren't bad, but there's nothing about them that's special.

Think Heidi Montag as a pop singer turned into a chocolate.

Here are some picture!

Soooeeeeee! Come get your slop, FattyCakes!

I was too lazy to lighten up the picture so you can actually see the mousse. Turn up your monitor light.

Awesome! Nutritional Information. Way to wreck a guilty pleasure Government of Canada

15% of your daily recommended intake of Magnesium is right here, Baby.
The little nugs are lined up two by two. People who are high on the 'juan don't care about presentation.
I've noticed.