Thankfully, the embarrassing mistake I made in terms of what my deadline actually was for She Does the City turned out in the end. It appears that they didn't realize what a big undertaking the "Celebrity Stockings" feature was going to be so they are posting 5 a day - beginning with Peter Mansbridge, Zooey Deschanel, RuPaul, Dita Von Teese and John Stewart.

So if you're curious as to what will be in their stockings for Christmas, you need to go and check out She Does the City each and everyday as new stockings will be posted regularly.


For me, I've really found some Amazing gifts from online and Toronto-only retailers for the hipster who only wants cool gifts! I think I'm pretty good at this "sourcing ish out" kind of gig.

Last night, I was at a media launch at La Bruschetta - one of my favorite Italian restaurants in the city since I went there a few months ago to review it for dine.TO.

Read the review, here

Anyway, La Bruschetta is launching a new Umbrian inspired menu, so last night we dined on Beet Risotto, Insalata Umbria and house cured proscitto, capocollo sausage and aged Friulano.

But their gnocchi is to die for - I have another Italian restaurant review to write up for January, and I tried their gnocchi... I will euphamise it, but my readers need to know, if I don't gush about it, don't expect it to blow your mind. It's not to say I don't respect the craftmanship in the latter, it simply means, I will tell you if it left an impression on me.

If not, then it's just, "eh"

BTW, my Spice Route review, I'm still getting flack over it. I think the world needs to deal with it, I ate some great food there. But, let's be realistic, Spice Route is a fun night out over shared plates - it isn't the answer to a life long quest for the ultimate dining experience.

In Toronto, that is few and far between... why do you think we have so many angry foodies on the loose?