It's important that title be sung.

I'm sitting in my office (yes, I have a home office now) and I'm trying to make my schedule for the day. One of which includes a PR plan for TwentySomething TV (The show I now appear on semi-regularly) and the other is a profile on Executive Chef Robert Buchanan for dine.to.

I'm so happy everything's coming together well... besides a horrible crash and burn episode with BlogTO on the weekend... otherwise, life is good!

Of course, I'm procrastinating just a little tiny bit. So I went out for a walk and on the recommendation of my friend Nicola Moore I decided to pick up a bottle of Koya's Aloe Vera juice.

Born of the sweaty aloe vera plant (pictured above) comes this kinda sweet, kinda refreshing, kinda tasty beverage with floaty bits of translucent aloe. Thank you Korea for making it, because I really like it!!

While the jury is still out on whether or not ingesting aloe provides the health benefits that the company claims. Many dedicated aloe adorers believe in its power to smooth skin, boost collagen production, aid in digestion and assist in proper joint function by reducing inflammation.

I was always of the school of thought that eating aloe was toxic and according to wikipedia it is. Luckily for me, I found research conducted by Jeremiah Herlihy, PhD at the University of San Antonio. He attempted to observe the negative side effects of ingesting aloe at high levels. Unfortunately, his study turned up nothing negative and, in fact, the animals who consumed aloe daily had a 25% increased life span in comparison to the control group.

Sure, this could mean nothing for humans! But, if it ain't gonna kill a rat, it ain't as heck gonna kill me!

So bottoms up, delicious aloe nectar packed with protein; calcium; magnesium; zinc; vitamins A, C, and E; vitamin B-complex; and essential fatty acids! Let's make me pretty!!!