"Just one more click! If I can get like a million people to join in 1 week I'll be laughing! This contest is going to be so easy!"

Welcome to my Facebook addiction - the crack cocaine edition.

It started off like any other 102.1 the edge radio contest although, this time, listeners were invited to create a Facebook Group with the largest number of members to win $7,000.

Who knew that it was going to resort in groups getting shut down, servers getting bogged, and users getting royally pissed! Who knew that it was going to resort in my code red addiction to acquire new members to join. Late night strategy meetings and an intimate understanding of Facebook's terms.

Well, yours truly is in the contest!
Heck with $7,000 in my pocket, I can't deny that it would be very useful to have at this moment in time.

So arm and arm with my tech savvy boyfriend we create a Facebook group, invite our friends, create playlists, quizzes and discussion boards to engage our users. We reveal where we plan to direct the funds including upping my pledge towards my friend's bike ride to Montreal to assist those living with HIV/AIDS and paying off student debt.

We understand that the bottom line of this contest is loads of free advertising for 102.1 the edge. While that doesn't upset me, it has gotten a number of Facebook user's knickers in a knot. With their own backlash groups arising with titles like "No, I will NOT join your 'Help _______ win $7000 from Edge 102.1' Group". While they are obviously getting out their message of unwavering solidarity, they fail to recognize that their group is also contributing to the overall advertising campaign of 102.1 the edge.

In the end, we are all the same.

So while, Matt and I do our best not to spam, to try and find kind hearted folks to join our group outside of Facebook. Short of promising to get a tattoo if we win the contest, we are hoping some faithful Karmacake readers would sign up.

Will you help us out? Good Karma will be had for all! Maybe some cookies at a victory party!! mmm

Hope you help us out. We would love to have you!
http://utoronto.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2354049266