So the excitement of the KMS California Casting Call is all over. I am one of the six individuals chosen to represent the brand of KMS California hair care products for the next year.

What a trip! Before I left I was thinking of hair strategies, learning how to use the products, studying the KMS California message and then some. I get to New York and before I know it, it's all over and I'm holding a massive bouquet of flowers, chatting it up with Jess Zaino about accessories from H&M and thinking, wait did I really win this contest?

I did!

Here's a photo from the red carpet, Chanel is upfront and she was one of the first people I met in New York and definitly one of my favs. I really look forward to hanging out with her again. Janine, on the right, was a co-winner with me, she's also from Toronto. She's so sweet and very beautiful!


We stayed in Times Square and we rolled in limos and Escalades. We were treated like glamorous superstars for two days and we all loved every single minute of it!

What did I learn about New York? The people are really kind, the lights are bright, there are more taxis than privately owned cars and no one waits for the pedestrian light to flash go before they walk. You cannot find snacks to eat that are cheaper than buying an entire McDonald's meal and the holding area to go up to the top of the Empire State building looks like a dingy DMV with crooked blinds and random old posters pasted on the walls. But, when you get to the top, the view is beautiful!

Will I go back to NY? YES!
Will I continue to use KMS products regardless of being a face of the brand? Yes.
Do I want to meet up with the other contestants again? Damn straight! They were awesome!!!!!!!!